Recycling today for a better tomorrow.
Recyclables may be placed at the curb no earlier than 5pm on Tuesdays.
You can put paper, plastic, cardboard, metal, and glass recyclables into the same container! Recyclables do not need to be sorted, bundled, or compacted, but must be emptied. ALL RECYCLABLE ITEMS SHOULD BE RINSED.
All residents are responsible for their container. If you need more than one container, please call the Town office at 301-678-5622.
Recyclables will be picked up every other Wednesday. Your recycling container is for recyclables only – it is not to be used for household trash or yard waste. Acceptable items include the following:
- Newspapers, magazines, and catalogs (including all inserts)
- Junk mail and envelopes
- All shredded material must be placed in a clear plastic bag
- Paperboard boxes, such as cereal and cracker boxes (no liners)
- Corrugated cardboard boxes (broken down)
- Clean paper products, including colored and white papers such as fax, copy, computer printouts, file folders, note cards, etc.
- Brown paper bags
- Non-metallic wrapping paper
- Milk and juice cartons
- Books (including paperbacks, textbooks, and hardbacks)
- Telephone books
- Glass jars and bottles
- Tin and steel cans such as pet food, tuna, vegetables, etc.
- Empty aerosol cans
- Empty plastic containers, including narrow-neck bottles such as water or soda, and wide mouth tubs such as peanut butter, margarine, yogurt, sour cream, mayonnaise, whipped topping, prescription bottles, etc.
- Plastic bags such as grocery bags (gather and place inside of a single bag for collection)
- Greasy pizza boxes, food waste, bathroom waste, soiled paper products (such as paper plates and tissues)
- Wax paper, metallic wrapping paper, no liners from cereal boxes, cracker boxes, etc.
- Hazardous material containers (such as pesticides, motor oil, or antifreeze)
- Microwaveable disposable meal trays, plastic “clamshell” packaging (such as from salad bars) and molded plastic retail packaging
- Polystyrene (Styrofoam)
- No hard plastics such as furniture, coolers, 5 gallon buckets, cat litter buckets, etc.
- Printer cartridges, cell phones, batteries, computers, and other electronics
- Any container that is not empty
- No window glass
Household Trash Collection
Wednesdays – Regular household trash will be picked up:
- Only household trash will be taken
- Trash may be put out no earlier than 5pm on Tuesdays
By appointment only. Please call Town Office at 301-678-5622 to set up an appointment.
Bulk Pick Up
By appointment only. There is a charge for this service. Please call Town Office at 301-678-5622.