Recycling today for a better tomorrow. Recyclables may be placed at the curb no earlier than 5pm on Tuesdays. You can put paper, plastic, cardboard, metal, and glass recyclables into the same container! Recyclables do not need to be sorted, bundled, or compacted, but must be emptied. ALL RECYCLABLE ITEMS SHOULD BE RINSED.
All residents are responsible for their container. If you need more than one container, please call the Town office at 301-678-5622. Recyclables will be picked up every other Wednesday. Your recycling container is for recyclables only – it is not to be used for household trash or yard waste. Acceptable items include the following:
- Newspapers, magazines, and catalogs (including all inserts)
- Junk mail and envelopes
- All shredded material must be placed in a clear plastic bag
- Paperboard boxes, such as cereal and cracker boxes (no liners)
- Corrugated cardboard boxes (broken down)
- Clean paper products, including colored and white papers such as fax, copy, computer printouts, file folders, note cards, etc.
- Brown paper bags
- Non-metallic wrapping paper
- Milk and juice cartons
- Books (including paperbacks, textbooks, and hardbacks)
- Telephone books
- Glass jars and bottles
- Tin and steel cans such as pet food, tuna, vegetables, etc.
- Empty aerosol cans
- Empty plastic containers, including narrow-neck bottles such as water or soda, and wide mouth tubs such as peanut butter, margarine, yogurt, sour cream, mayonnaise, whipped topping, prescription bottles, etc.
- Plastic bags such as grocery bags (gather and place inside of a single bag for collection)