Hancock Area Attractions
There are many different area attractions in the City of Hancock to enjoy! Spend an afternoon or the entire weekend exploring the rich history, nature, and shopping areas. Hancock, Maryland welcomes you.
- Bowles House
- C & O Canal
- Western Maryland Rail Trail
- Museum & Visitors Center
- Tonoloway Baptist Church
- Hancock Tollhouse
- Historical Society Museum in Town Hall
- Fort Frederick
- Woodmont Rod & Gun Club
- Sideling Hill Cut
- St Thomas Episcopal Church
- Hancock Antique Mall
- Widmeyer Park / Veterans War Memorial
Natural Resource Area Attractions
- Potomac River Boating and Fishing
- Whitetail Deer Hunting
Joseph Hancock Primitive Park
- 1 pavilion available, seats 30-40 $60.
- 4 pavilions, all can be reserved.
- New Lions Club Pavilion- seats 150-200 $75
- Old Lions Club Pavilion-seats 75-100 $60
- London Fog Pavilion- seats 75-100 $60
- Community Pavilion-seats 50-75 $40
These parks allow camping on a first come, first served basis. There is no charge, but campers must check-in with the town office. All are located within walking distance of restaurants, grocery and convenience stores, and a laundromat. Both parks are well-lit and have restroom facilities. Joseph Hancock Park also has an outdoor shower. All pavilions have electricity available with the exception of the Community Pavilion.
- 1 pavilion, seats 450, $200.
Located approximately 1.5 miles northwest of town, this park features several ball fields, hiking trails, and a large pavilion that can accommodate up to 450 people.